While I was on vacation from shooting the past couple of months, the Heirloom Project has been moving forward.
Most of the internal parts have been donated by Wilson Combat and have arrived at Heirloom Precision. The final list of parts from Wilson includes:
- 298BBP – Bulletproof Grip Safety, blue
- 34S – Extended Ejector 38/9mm/45ACP CMDR
- 415,S80 – Bulletproof Extractor, Series 80, 38/9mm, blue (TWO of these, please)
- 31TBP – Bulletproof Magazine Release, blue
- 314 – Bulletproof A2 Sear
- 573 – Bulletproof Disconnector
- 337B – Ultralight Skeletonized Bulletproof Hammer, blued
- R10,38 – Firing pin 38/9mm (TWO of these, please)
- 315B – Pin Set, blue
The extra firing pin and extractor are for a fitted spare parts kit which will be included with the gun, though Jason Burton from Heirloom says he’s never had a Wilson Bulletproof extractor break on even high round count guns.
The frame (serial# TODDG9X19) and slide, generously donated by Caspian Arms, have been delivered to my local FFL. They should be to Heirloom by the end of this month. The delay is due to Maryland’s mandatory waiting period and background check process, which is currently running 3-4 weeks due to the huge surge in gun sales lately.
A set of black magwell grips from VCD Grips should also be on their way to Heirloom shortly.
Once the frame and slide are in Jason’s hands, we’ll have more regular updates describing the build process itself.
Train hard & stay safe! ToddG
Thanks to the pistol-training.com Heirloom Project sponsors: