designed by Todd Green
Range: 5yd or 7yd
Target: 8″ circle, 3×5 card, and 2″ dot
Start position: concealed
Rounds fired: 9
This is a type of changing gears drill. There are three strings of fire. A shot timer is used for the first two, while the third is shot with no time limit.
- Draw and fire three to the 8″ circle. Record the time, add 0.30 seconds for each miss.
- Draw and fire three to the 3×5 card. Record the time, add 1.00 seconds for each miss.
- Draw and fire three to the 2″ dot. No time measured, but add 3.00 seconds for each miss.
As for range:
- If you can reliably hit a 2″ dot at 7yd slow fire, use 7yd as your distance.
- If you can reliably hit a 2″ dot at 5yd slow fire, use 5yd as your distance.
- If you cannot reliably hit a 2″ dot at 5yd slow fire, use 5yd as your distance but replace the 2″ dot with a second 3×5 card (no time limit, 3 seconds per miss).
Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.