designed by Chris Edwards & Todd Green
Target: 6″ circle (pdf version here)
Start position: varies, see below
Rounds fired: 20 rounds
The 4567 was inspired by Gila Hayes’s “5×4” drill and the various iterations thereof.
The drill is run four times, five rounds each, on a six inch circle, at seven yards. A shot timer is used to begin each string of fire. The four strings of fire are:
- draw and fire 5 rounds from concealment, two-handed
- draw and fire 5 rounds from concealment, strong hand only
- from the ready position fire 5 rounds, weak hand only
- draw and fire 5 rounds from concealment, two-handed (repeat of string 1)
For any shot outside of the 6″ circle, add 1 second to your time. Total the times (and penalties) for all four strings to determine your overall score:
- Basic score total time with penalties is 4+5+6+7 = 22 seconds
- Intermediate is 5+6+7 seconds = 18 seconds
- Advanced is 6+7 = 13 seconds
This drill is also compatible with the Q-PT target using the inner (white outline) center of mass circle.
Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.